Monday, February 18, 2008

Da Dance and the drive.

Kalindi's dance performance was excellent. She and her friend, Marie choreographed and put together the entire performance at the Cleveland Public Theatre. Put it this way, it was good enough to keep the attention of Ninah and Cia the entire time...It really was impressive.

On the way to the CPT, the low gas light came on in the car on the way there and it wasn't the best neighborhood to run out of gas. We were running late, didn't know where to get gas....Assuming there was a gas station on every corner in Downtown Cleveland was the wrong thing to think....We kept driving toward the interstate and figuring that there had to be something somewhere......Anyhow, we saw a guy using a slim-jim to open up his crack-ho girlfriend's car in complete broad daylight and shortly thereafter felt relieved to find a gas station...only to find that it had been abandoned and now had bars covering the windows. We managed to find an open one, got our fuel and found our way to the freeway without being car jacked.....Meanwhile, I can hear Rania saying "Oh....this neighborhood isn't so bad (in her very feminine fairy voice)..." So, I look around and say....did you not see the crack ho and the slim jim situation over there? Oooh look honey, gang-bangers....let's look for some land, maybe we could build here and they could be our protective neighbors?!

Anyhooters...we made it home safely, cleaned up and then met everyone after the dance at this awesome Indian restaurant the Saffron Patch. Great ending to a great day...................z

4 comments:

Maureen said...

oh where is the Saffron Patch? do they have a website? I have been obsessed lately--we had Indian again last nite!!

Unknown said...

Yo Zacky. Love your photos as well as the story telling. Can I send this blog to Braddie? I was telling her about it. xxoo Mum

Johnson5 said...

Mom,

I sent the Blog to Braddie but please go ahead and send it to her...Maybe she didn't recognize my home email address.

Johnson5 said...

Mo, here's the address for the next time you guys are up here. It is the best food I have had since I was literally in India.

Saffron Patch
20600 Chagrin Blvd
Beachwood, OH 44122.
(440)295-0400