Friday, February 22, 2008

Fever & Skunk

So, Monday night Ninah works up a fever of 104. Rania calls me and asks that I stop @ the store on the way home to pickup some Tylenol for Ninah. So, I am telling my Sups at UPS that I am leaving and so forth...Rania calls me again and says "Sasha just got sprayed by a skunk....no kidding." Just when you think things are bad. So I go online for the most current de-skunking method (which is 1 gal H2O, 32oz Hydrogen Peroxide, 1 cup baking soda, & a squirt of soap). I get home, Sasha was in need of a bath...so I de-skunk her then give her a full bath. All is well. Ninah's temp goes down, we all go back to bed around 2am.



...6am Rania takes Ninah's temp and it's above 105. We call the ambulance (for fear of a fever induced seizure), and we now have Officer Brian (from the Safety Town in Bainbridge), Firefighter Mike, and 2 paramedics standing over her in our living room....scary for a 6 year old.....They were great, calmed her down, made her laugh and then took her to Hillcrest pediatric ER. Long story short, the ER didn't do much so we continued to Ninah's doctor who tested her and confirmed that she had Type A Influenza (Type A is the most common and also the scariest of the three influenzas, causing the most serious epidemics in history)......great...... Ninah was doing well, fever was down but very bummed that her 6th B'day party Saturday needed to be post-poned. She's been takin it easy for the rest of the week and is currently watching Beauty & the Beast.

So, Ninah is getting better, party postponed.....Sasha does not smell, no one else in the house is sick (knock on wood)................z

1 comment:

Maureen said...

oh that is scary, but glad Ninah is doing better & happy (almost) birthday to her as well!
:)